Transfer of Credits

Academic Credit Transfer/Waiver Policy


Hindu University of America has a provision for transfer of credits if students have taken equivalent courses elsewhere (in an educational institution of standing) at the Master’s or Doctoral level; and for providing advanced standing if students have equivalent competence in the area of these courses by virtue of their professional or other activities. The absolute maximum for awarding equivalent credits in this manner is limited to 21 credits at the Master’s and Doctoral level. In order to get approval for any such credit, the student needs to provide HUA detailed information specified in the items listed below for each of the courses for which the credit is being requested. Please note that in some cases an evaluation/examination of the background by HUA faculty may be needed before equivalent credits are awarded to the student.

For transfer of credits

  1. HUA course number and name for which equivalent credit is being requested.
  2. When (dates) and at which institution the equivalent course was completed.
  3. Grade or marks obtained for the equivalent course completed elsewhere (documentary evidence required).
  4. Course description, outline, topics covered, books followed etc. in as much detail as available.
  5. Name and qualifications of the instructor(s) who taught the course.

For advanced standing based on professional or other experience

  1. HUA Course number and name of the course for which advanced standing is being requested.
  2. Details of the independent study carried out, motivation and/or purpose for the same.
  3. If the learning was used for teaching a course (when, where, to how many participants).
  4. Any other documentation to support the claim.

The key purpose of the above procedure is to maintain the academic standing of HUA programs.

 Transfer of Credits from HUA to other schools

 Please note that rules and procedures for transfer of credits from Hindu University of America to any other educational institution are decided by the receiving institution. Although, the University will be cooperating with other institutions for streamlining such procedures, at the present stage, there is no implied or explicit guarantee that such a transfer will always be possible. Students planning any such transfer are advised to inquire about such acceptance from their institution(s) before finalizing their study plans. Precedence’s do exist where other institutions have accepted credits for courses taken at Hindu University of America of America.

International Students

Prospective students from countries other than USA have essentially the same admission requirements. Countries where universities do not issue transcripts directly to entities like HUA, may send copies of their degrees/certificates duly attested by proper authorities, and a letter of recommendation from a university academic. Degrees in languages other than English should accompany their certified ‘True Translation.’ The University has a right to get the equivalence established in the case of foreign degrees. Expenses for this activity will be the responsibility of the applicant. The applicant may also get his/her records evaluated by a private agency. One such agency is

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.

P.O. Box 514070, Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470; (414) 289-3400.


Other agencies are also available.

In general, it is not necessary to travel to the USA for studies with Hindu University of America. The University does not process I-20 or other documents for granting ‘student visas’, to admitted students.

Non-English speaking applicants must submit evidence of their proficiency in the English language.